Smash Authority


Blog Aggregators: Lebanese | Palestinian | Syrian | Jordanian | Iraqi | Arab | Israeli

 


The Good, the Bad and ... the Saint

Lebanese university students' favourite daydreaming themes

The Good
This morning:

X: Lebanon will always rise from the ruins and ashes, no matter what. I mean look at what Hariri did.
Me: ... What did he do? ...
X: What do you mean what did he do, he rebuilt Lebanon.
Y: Downtown, hehehe.......
Me: Uh, rebuilt Lebanon? I must've been living on Mars or something?
X: Come on, what would downtown have looked like without him?
Me: And I should care why exactly?
X: Because it attracts people to visit the country!
Me: Walla. Very nice theory. And that actually was worth smashing people's skulls for and vacuuming what little money that was left in their pockets? So you're saying downtown is good for the South Lebanese? Walla, you have a brilliant theory right there.
Z: You know what I think? I think Hariri was one of a kind.
Z1: There's always Sa'ad Hariri.
Z: Yes but no one can fill Rafiq Hariri's shoes.
Me: To be sure...

**
The Bad
This afternoon:
Me: You know, a taxi driver told me the other day that "a Saddam" should rule Lebanon, because that is the only thing that will fix the country.
X: You mean Michel Aoun?
Me: Uh, well, I guess that'd be more like Walid Jumblatt.
Y: Ha ha!! Walid Jumblatt would make a fabulous dictator! Just imagine!

**
The Saint...
This afternoon:
X: But you know, it's not right to say "once a murderer, always a murderer" with regards to Samir Geagea. It just ain't fair.
Me: Oh yes, that's not fair at all. Not fair at all.
X: Yes, because he might have changed.
Me: Yes yes, he might have.
X: Plus, in Lebanon you can't not put things into a historical context. The man was a product of his circumstances.
Me: Yes, that's an ingenious idea, because there is a "historical context" ONLY in Lebanon. But even "if" this "historical context" is not a concept unique to Lebanon, certainly Stalin "could have changed" too. Not to forget our good ol' buddy Hitler. And to be sure they were both products of "their circumstances."

**
I
This afternoon:
X: I want to convert you from leftism.
Me: Uff, now that's some humongous project...
X: Nah it's not too difficult I am sure.
Me: Just some advice, don't waste your time. ;)
Me: Oh, and one more thing, I am not a 'leftist'.
X, Y: What are you?
Me: I'm an anarchist.
Z: So you are a fan of Bakunin?
Me: Actually no, I am not a fan of anyone.
X, Y, Z: ...

Labels: , , ,

posted by Angry Anarchist @ 3/05/2007 09:59:00 PM,

3 Comments:

At March 6, 2007 at 1:39 PM, Blogger sasa said...

"Me: Actually no, I am not a fan of anyone."

...even me? :(

 
At March 6, 2007 at 2:27 PM, Blogger Angry Anarchist said...

hahaha...

good one. :P

 
At April 29, 2020 at 5:05 AM, Blogger RoseSlot2020 said...


เล่นง่ายได้เยอะ เครดิตฟรี สล็อตออนไลน์ slot online ที่นี่คลิก
https://www.live22easy.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home