Smash Authority


Blog Aggregators: Lebanese | Palestinian | Syrian | Jordanian | Iraqi | Arab | Israeli

 


About

First off, welcome to my new blog.

The move from my old blog has not been finalized yet, but will be very, very soon. I shall call it "Operation True Promise."

This blog is full of sarcasm, anger, and criticism.

This blogger is a pessimist - and a very angry one at that.

This very, very angry blogger does not believe in borders or submission to authority - any authority.

And be warned, this blogger always has to have the last word.

Now, a few more things about me that you should know -- the rest is none of your business really:

Who am I? I am an anarchist. Full stop.

Where do I live? I live in a "state" called Lebanon, where people sit for driver's license tests in French mandate-era jeeps -- I kid you not.

What do I do? I am a graduate student; I also read, read, and read. And of course, write.

What are my interests? Anarchism; Mikhail Bakunin, Marxism, activism, international relations, politics (well, duh), Palestine, Israel, Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Middle East, photojournalism, photography, Islam, Judaism.

What are my favourite books? Pity the Nation: The Abduction of Lebanon by Robert Fisk; Classics of Moral and Political Philosophy by Cahn; Contemporary Political Philosophy: An Anthology, ed. Goodin and Pettit; Utopia by Sir Thomas More; We by Evgeny Zamyatin; Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Phillip K. Dick; The Fateful Triangle: The United States, Israel, and the Palestinians by Noam Chomsky; Hamas: Political Thought and Practice by Khaled Hroub.

Which TV stations do I watch? Al-Manar (sue me); NewTV; BBC (note: not during the summer war; I was so heart-broken when I saw the shattered glasses and windows in northern Israel that I could no longer watch the terrorism that is inflicted upon that peaceful nation that boasts of the most moral army in the world). I absolutely do not watch Future TV. Don't give me the "you should watch everything to get an idea what they are talking about" crap. I have removed the channel from my TV programming.

Which newspapers do I read? Ha'aretz (Israel); Al-Akhbar (Lebanon); Assafir (Lebanon) on a daily basis; and a few others from time to time. Oh, and Annahar sucks. And I'm not even going to talk about the Daily Star.

What is this blog about? Well, primarily ranting about the (idiotic) state of affairs in this region (i.e. "Middle East" -- what a Eurocentric term...), as well as analyzing it -- not that the idiocy warrants analysis...

What is the significance of the title? After having been stuck with an uninspiring title "Blogging the Middle East" for a year, I thought I would try something more inspiring ... and sarcastic. Well, basically the title is supposed to go along with the header image. Together, I think they make a very obvious point. What do you think?? Am I good or what??!

May you contribute? No, absolutely not. This is a personal blog and an individual initiative. I wouldn't want to dilute the anger, would I.

Wanna drop me a line? My email address is anarchorev aaaaaat riseup dooooooot net

Labels:

posted by Angry Anarchist @ 2/12/2007 05:26:00 PM,

10 Comments:

At February 13, 2007 at 10:54 AM, Blogger Angry Anarchist said...

test

 
At February 13, 2007 at 11:42 AM, Blogger m.i. said...

It's working. :) I'll bookmark Street: Middle East for sure. Waiting for your insight into the bus bombings this morning.

 
At February 13, 2007 at 6:16 PM, Blogger Aaron Murin-Heath said...

Hello Anarchist,

Glad to see I made the new blogroll. All a bit self-obsessed in the UK blogosphere at the moment, so I trotted of to your old blog only to see you have moved. How rude? Anyway, good to see the new abode looks great and looking forward to more of your bilious criticism.

And readers, she’s right; this is a very, very angry blogger.

I’ll update my sidebar over the next 24 hrs. No new button?

tyger

 
At February 13, 2007 at 6:19 PM, Blogger Moussa Bashir said...

yes you are good (or what)

I should get my lazy ass up and try some new something

yallah
um after this mug of coffee...

 
At February 13, 2007 at 7:17 PM, Blogger Angry Anarchist said...

Hey guys, thanks!

Tyger -- a new button is in the works. Should be ready by tonight (or tomorrow at the very latest).

Hey Bashir, long time no see. :) Hope all is well? How's the little one? :P And Hadi Aram? :D

 
At February 13, 2007 at 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the little ones? keeping me busy and happy :-)

btw: i always visit you (mostly through google reader) i'm just not leaving comments.

 
At February 14, 2007 at 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey have you heard from Dan recently? Is he doing ok?

 
At February 14, 2007 at 5:16 PM, Blogger Angry Anarchist said...

Yes-- I have heard from him. He is doing as well as he could: not great, but OK.

 
At February 16, 2007 at 3:55 PM, Blogger Angry Anarchist said...

Bashir, glad to hear it. :D I hope they aren't being naughty. :P

Yeah, I know you visit me. I visit your blog regularly too although lately I have been busy and haven't had the time to check up on the blogs I have listed.

Is the feed working now? I don't know, it doesn't seem to be normal, I get all those codes. Or is that normal?

 
At May 20, 2007 at 4:32 PM, Blogger Christian said...

Hey, i've just discovered you blog and i'd like to know more about you're opinion on how Lebanon should be organized as a state?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home